May the blessings of this season fill your home with joy and
your mind with love… Merry Christmas !
Africa is blessed with over a thousand major languages spoken by millions of people in 54 countries of the continent.
Some languages are mutually intelligible as they share similar words and cross national boundaries due to inter-marriages and similar geographical location.
December 25 is marked as the birthday of Jesus Christ by Christians all over the world and it comes with the greeting Merry Christmas.
The greeting has been Africanized and here are 25 ways of saying Merry Christmas in Africa as documented bywhychristmas.com
- Afrikaans (South Africa, Namibia) – Geseënde Kersfees
- Akan (Ghana, Ivory Coast, Benin) –Afishapa
- Amharic (Ethiopia) – Melikam Gena!
- Ashanti/Asante/Asante Twi (Ghana) – afehyia pa
- Chewa (Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe) – Moni Wa Chikondwelero Cha Kristmasi
- Dagbani (Ghana) – Ni ti BurunyaChou
- Edo (Nigeria) – Iselogbe
- Ewe (Ghana, Togo) –Blunya na wo
- Fula/Fulani (Niger, Nigeria, Benin…
View original post 199 more words